A. Safety operation in a PCR lab:
- Hazardous chemicals.
- Safety rules for machines operation.
- Reagent preservation and lab security
B. Basic theory of PCR:
- DNA structure.
- The function of DNA Polymerase.
- The principle of polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
- Basic requirements and design of PCR lab.
- Potential problems of PCR.
C. Introduction of PCR related reagents:
- DNA extraction kit
- IQ2000TM WSSV Kit.
- Reagents for electrophoresis.
D. Introduction of PCR related equipment
E. Review of some major shrimp viral diseases:
- White spot syndrome virus (WSSV).
- Yellow-head virus/Gill-associated virus (YHV/GAV).
- Infectious hypodermal and haematopoietic necrosis virus (IHHNV).
- Taura syndrome virus (TSV).
F. Basic theory of viral disease prevention:
- Avoid vertical transmission.
- Avoid horizontal transmission.